2023 FWD Rules
Front wheel drive that is 1980 and newer No full frame cars or full size cars. Only 50% of your car may be black. NO ALL BLACK CARS!!!!
1. Strip all flammable materials from car. Dash may stay in car
2. Gas Tank may be left in factory position as long as it is mounted in front of rear axle, please check factory straps for security. Prefer you leave factory gas tank under vehicle. Gas tank may be moved to back seat area. Gas tank holder may be no wider than 24" and 16" off the back seat bar. No kickers from the rollover bar. This is in no way shape or form going to be used to strengthen the car. Must be SECURELY mounted & covered. Absolutely NO Milk crates to hold down batteries or gas cans!!! No bungee cords as tie downs!! Safety first!!
3. Electrical fuel pump (On/Off) switch must be clearly marked.
4A. Driver's door may be wired, chained or welded solid and/or may have a steel driver's door skin securely fastened. All other doors welded (3 spots on vertical door seam, 3" square plates), or chained or wired in 3 spots only. You MUST have a mandatory door plate if you do not have a cage. Door plate must be bolted or welded on securely, no more than 6" past door seams. Door plate must be at least 3" past each door seam and between 10"-16" wide. You may wire top of doors. One spot per door/window 3 wraps max.
4B. With being allowed to run a door skin or plate we are making it known now that unless someone intentionally hits in the driver's door, it will not be called a door hit.
5. Trunk lid, hatch, gate & hood may be wired shut in 6 places (you may weld a 3/4" hardware washer where wire passes through). 2 spots only on front of hood and not in front of radiator. No wiring to pillars or top of car. 10" hole in hood and trunk for inspection. Creasing rear quarter panels and front fenders are allowed.
6. Any tire and rim combo
7. Must run factory drive line on factory motor mounts
8. Bumpers: any year car bumper or you can change bumper to aftermarket bumpers such as Steve Robinson, DEC, OR Smith metal works. You can also run square tube bumpers no larger than 4x4 and must be FLAT. No point at all or entire bumper will be removed. You may remove bumper crush points. Bumper may be spaced out. Spacer may be no larger than 3in x 3in. You may weld bumper to frame must be flush with end of the frame. Single pass weld don't get carried away!!!! Bumper may be no wider than the width of front tires. You may square off frame for flat mounting surface. Do not alter factory frames in any way. No Chrysler pointy bumpers.
9. Cage: 4 bar floating cage allowed around driver's compartment. No bigger than 4" x 4" square tube. Side bars no farther back than 6" behind driver's seat. No longer than 60". No down legs. Roll over bar may extend off of halo cage. Roll over bar must be vertical. It may not be more than 4 in from B Pillar or 2in from the door seam on a 2 door car. If you don't have a cage, then a door plate/bar is Mandatory.
10. Factory suspension, no changes allowed, MUST bounce!
11. Do not touch or alter K frame mounts in any way!!!! We will tolerate any pushing/pulling of frames on fresh cars. If we can't tell where the frame has been damaged and needed pushed/pulled you will not run!!!
12.Front windshield must have bar, chain or wire to prevent hood from entering driver's area. From windshield to firewall/dash cowl only.
13. Battery must be moved to front floorboard area securely mounted and covered. One battery only.
14. Completely remove air bag assembly.
15. Absolutely no spray foam around radiator or on car or frame of car..
16. If car has plastic core support you have one of two options, A. You may spot weld a factory core support out of another car or B. Bolt a 3x1/8 flat plate to sheet metal uni-body only.
17. You may run an aftermarket shifter and header. Doing more to your car will be subject to disqualification. Inspector's decisions are final. www.rousepromotions.com @RousePromotions Rouse Promotions firstname.lastname@example.org